Welcome to another post in our Brommapojkarna series! We’ve already seen how BP performed in the 2024 season, so let’s now take a look at our Academy players and how they have progressed in the 2023 season. If you missed the previous post about our academy players, go back and check it out here.
The Bromma Boys | 2024 Academy Report
Earlier I covered every U21 player in these Academy Reports, but for the last couple of Reports I’ve been covering the following:
- New players – Players that came through our intake or were signed to the club at age 19 or younger this season
- Hot prospects and rising stars – Players that have stood out during the season, either through excellent performances or a fantastic development
- Graduation class – Players that turned 21 years old during the year and therefore will leave the Academy. Who will be promoted to the first team and who will be sold?
- What about GrassNGear? – The yearly check-up on our GrassNGear named newgens
- Notable former Academy players – Academy Alumni now making their way towards the top of European football.
But before we get into any of that, let’s take a quick look at how we did in the U19 Youth Champions League 2023/24:
In a great game we managed to knock out AC Milan in the first round before losing to German giants FC Bayern in the second round. All in all an amazing cup run for our U19s!
We followed this up with an even greater performance in the Youth Champions League 2024/25 group stage where we won all our games and took the first place in our group:
Quite a massive list of new players! 18 players – all with 4.5-5 star potential – including 4 players from possibly our best youth intake ever. Things are really looking exciting for us!
- Erik Peterson – Sweden – 16yo – DM
From: Youth intake
Comment: What an exceptional talent that came through this year’s youth intake! At age 16 he already looks like a solid player, and a 4-5 star potential coupled with a Professional personality means that there is hopefully room for improvement! Technically gifted with nice Determination and Work rate. Lacking a bit defensively and in Movement.
BP Style Rating: 49.33 (Skill 13.67|Perception 13.33|Movement 10.67|Character 11.67)
Prediction: Looks like he can become a Sweden international and a potential superstar for us for many years to come!
- Gabriel Jakobsson – Sweden – 16yo – AMC
From: Youth intake
Comment: Hard-working with nice technique and vision. Will need to increase both quickness and passing in order to become a decent AMC.
BP Style Rating: 42.33 (Skill 10.67|Perception 10.67|Movement 9.00|Character 12.00)
Prediction: Has the potential to become decent but must really work on strengthening his weaknesses in order to reach his potential.
- Alex Holmén – Sweden – 17yo – Gk
From: Youth intake
Comment: A fantastic determination coupled with a 4-5 star potential and nice attributes makes him our most exciting goalkeeper prospect yet!
Prediction: Certainly has the potential to become our no1 keeper in a not too distant future!
- Per Lindh – Sweden – 17yo – DL
From: Youth intake
Comment: A small and quick left back, that is seriously lacking in many technical attributes.
BP Style Rating: 43.67 (Skill 10.33|Perception 10.67|Movement 11.67|Character 11.00)
Prediction: Will need to build on his quickness and improve his technical abilities quite a lot in order to make it at BP.
- Fabio Giordano – Germany – 16yo – DC
From: German Third Division team München Lions (€100K)
Comment: A decent looking central defender with nice defensive abilities, but seriously lacking in other areas.
BP Style Rating: 39.67 (Skill 8.33|Perception 10.00|Movement 9.67|Character 11.67)
Prediction: Will need a lot of work both physically and technically in order to become a first team player for us.
- Samuel Espinosa – Belgium – 16yo – STC
From: Belgian Pro League A team Club Brugge (€7.5M)
Comment: Brought in for our highest transfer fee ever, by far! Looks fantastic at age 16, but not in any way already a complete forward. Quick with nice Movement and a fantastic Determination that could really take him places. Lacking a bit of passing ability though, which I hope to improve in coming years.
BP Style Rating: 50.33 (Skill 11.00|Perception 13.00|Movement 12.67|Character 13.67)
Prediction: The sky is the limit! Hopefully he’ll really fly, considering the transfer fee!
- Xabier Gonzalez – Spain – 17yo – MC
From: Spanish La Liga club Real Sociedad (€4.4M)
Comment: Another expensive signing. Looks amazing technically and offensively, but lacks a bit in the mental department. My plan to tutor away his low Determination and Temperamental personality has not yet worked, since Xabier has refused every attempt at pairing him with a tutor. Quite worrying!
BP Style Rating: 48.67 (Skill 14.33|Perception 13.67|Movement 11.00|Character 9.67)
Prediction: Looks amazing, but I’m afraid that he won’t reach his potential due to his low Determination and Temperamental personality. He might in fact cause trouble over time if we won’t manage to calm him down…
- Kim Hansen Corfitzen – Denmark – 17yo – STC
From: Danish Superliga team FC Copenhagen (€150K)
Comment: A striker with decent physicals and amazing Character! Looks like a player to lean against when the going gets tough! Needs to improve both physical and technical abilities. Scored 11 goals in 11 games for the U19s. Actually won the Danish U17 Talent of the Year Award!
BP Style Rating: 46.67 (Skill 10.67|Perception 9.67|Movement 10.33|Character 16.00)
Prediction: Might be a future leader for us, but in order to become a starting player he’ll need to improve his offensive abilities quite a lot!
- Kalle Olsson – Denmark – 17yo – MC
From: Swedish 2nd tier team Vasalund (Free)
Comment: One of the best Swedish 17 year olds out there. A well-rounded midfielder who is seriously lacking in Determination though. We’ll try to tutor this up immediately!
BP Style Rating: 42.67 (Skill 12.00|Perception 11.33|Movement 11.33|Character 8.00)
Prediction: We’ve had quite a few promising players with the combination of Unambitious personality and low Determination. My experience so far is that they don’t progress that much, becoming decent players at best. Maybe Kalle is the exception to the rule!?
- Fontas Bantis – Sweden – 17yo – AMC/STC
From: Swedish Allsvenskan team Kalmar FF (€700K)
Comment: Another one of the best Swedish 17 year olds we could find. A quite clever attacking player with 15 in Decisions and 13 in Technique! Lacks a bit of work ethics, but hopefully that’ll rise.
BP Style Rating: 42.33 (Skill 11.67|Perception 11.67|Movement 10.00|Character 9.00)
Prediction: My aim is to make him an Allsvenskan player for many years to come, but I suspect he might not be good enough for our first team.
- Kjetil Richardsen – Norway – 17yo – AMC
From: Norwegian Premier Division team Rosenborg (€775K)
Comment: A really good attacking player that might struggle a bit because of his length (8 cm shorter than Messi, for example). Hopefully his nice Determination and Resolute personality will make him fulfill his 3.5-4.5 star potential.
BP Style Rating: 50.67 (Skill 14.00|Perception 12.00|Movement 11.33|Character 13.33)
Prediction: With a great BP Style Rating he’s more than halfway on his way to becoming a player for our first team. If he keeps progressing he might make it there rather soon!
- Jonas Isaksson – Sweden – 17yo – MR
From: Swedish Premier Division team Elfsborg (€500K)
Comment: A decent winger with no real obvious strengths sadly. Will need to improve everything in coming years!
BP Style Rating: 41.00 (Skill 9.00|Perception 9.67|Movement 11.67|Character 10.67)
Prediction: As with Bantis, my aim is to make him an Allsvenskan player for many years to come, but I suspect he might not be good enough for our first team.
- Nuno Santos – Portugal – 17yo – AMC
From: Portuguese Premier Division team Vitoria Guimarães (€775K)
Comment: Another nice offensive player with strengths in the physical department.
BP Style Rating: 47.00 (Skill 13.67|Perception 9.33|Movement 11.33|Character 12.67)
Prediction: Will need to improve his Perception, but certainly has the potential to become great!
- Kristoffer Eike – Norway – 18yo – DR
From: Norwegian Premier Division team Rosenborg (€400K)
Comment: A quick right back that’ll need to work on his technical abilities, both on offence and defence.
BP Style Rating: 41.67 (Skill 9.67|Perception 9.00|Movement 12.00|Character 11.00)
Prediction: Has the physical ability to run up and down the right wing, but will need to improve a lot to be able to do anything useful with the ball.
- Matias Torres – Argentina – 18yo – MC
From: Argentinian Premier Division team Independiente (€2.5M)
Comment: A really gifted midfielder who finally joined us on his 18th birthday after the deal was finalised over a year ago! He played 7 games for the first team this season with 2 assists.
BP Style Rating: 51.00 (Skill 15.67|Perception 12.00|Movement 10.67|Character 12.67)
Prediction: He is already pretty close to joining the first team permanently, and will hopefully improve enough in the coming year to secure that spot!
- Ronny Boden – Germany – 18yo – DR
From: German Third Division team Chemnitz (€120K)
Comment: He came in for fairly cheap, looking like a decent prospect. After the sale of no1 RB Karamoko he got 13 games for the first team, which has meant an absolutely explosive development!
BP Style Rating: 47.67 (Skill 11.00|Perception 9.67|Movement 12.33|Character 14.67)
Prediction: He is already fighting for the no1 spot at RB and if he keeps his development up he’ll become a fantastic player for the long run!
- Rui Araujo – Portugal – 18yo – MC
From: Portuguese Premier Division team Braga (€90K)
Comment: What a great prospect. Technically gifted with nice mentals! Will need to improve decision-making and speed a bit though
BP Style Rating: 49.00 (Skill 14.67|Perception 10.33|Movement 10.33|Character 13.67)
Prediction: I have high hopes that he’ll become a first team player for us rather soon!
- Stefan Deilmann – Germany – 18yo – MR
From: German Second Division team Bielefeld (€500K)
Comment: Another great well-rounded midfield prospect with a great first touch!
BP Style Rating: 49.67 (Skill 13.67|Perception 11.33|Movement 11.67|Character 13.00)
Prediction: Because of the fierce competition for the MR spot he is not first team material yet, but if he keeps improving in the next year I’m sure he won’t be far behind!
- Gunnar Kristjansson – Iceland – 18yo – AMC
From: Icelandic Premier Division team Breiðablik (€150K)
Comment: Another great clever well-rounded midfield prospect! Needs to improve his technical attributes a bit.
BP Style Rating: 49.00 (Skill 12.00|Perception 12.00|Movement 12.67|Character 12.33)
Prediction: If he fulfils his potential he will surely be in contention for a first team spot.
Hot prospects and rising stars
Without a lot of real sky rocket developments this year I choose to focus on one player that really got his breakthrough this season and is already making an impact for the first team;
- Steven Fröhling – Germany – 19 yo – STC
From: German team Karlsruhe (€1.5M) in 2022
Prediction 2023: “Has improved enough to be given a spot in our first team squad. Hopefully he can keep developing in the coming years, fulfilling his huge potential”
Result: He was our best striker this season with 23 goals and 9 assists in 33 games, averaging 7.45. Played his first u21 game for Germany.
Development: Another year of nice development with +1 increases in more than half of the attributes and +2s in First Touch, Penalty Taking and Vision. He also managed to grow a cm, making him 196cm and gain a kg, now weighing in at 90kg.
BP Style Rating: 53.00 (Up 3.67) (Skill 12.00|Perception 15.00|Movement 13.00|Character 13.00)
Prediction: Unless we get an insane bid from a giant club I hope that Fröhling will continue to improve at BP, with the potential of becoming a club legend!
Academy graduation – “Class of 24”
There are 11 players in the club who will turn 22 years old in 2025. Some of them have been brought in straight for the first team, but six of them will be graduating from the BP Academy as the “Class of 24”. Below I will give you my thoughts on these players and their future.
- Francisco Mansilha – Portugal – 21yo – MC
From: Portuguese Premier League team Rio Ave (€500K) in 2022
Initial comment and prediction in 2022: A well-rounded central midfielder without any real weaknesses or strengths. “He has a solid foundation without any weaknesses to build on. Currently his strongest area is his physical attributes. He will need to improve his technical abilities to become a first team player for us”
Result: He has spent his time at the club away on numerous loan spells; to Allsvenskan sides Norrköping and Elfsborg, Dutch team Escelsior and Serie B team Bari, with ok results.
Development: Sadly nearly no development what-so-ever.
BP Style Rating: 48.33 (up 0.67) (Skill 11.33|Perception 12.00|Movement 12.67 |Character 12.33)
Verdict: He has not lived up to expectations. His lack of development means that he is far away from our first team squad. Therefore, he will be sold, preferably to a Swedish club.
- Albin Wahlberg – Sweden – 21yo – DC
From: Youth intake 2020
Initial comment and prediction 2020: A centre back with nice defensive skills, but lacking many of the attributes needed for BP Style Football. “Far far away from first-team football. Will need to work on his speed and technical and mental weaknesses in order to become a first team player in a position lacking competition”
Result: Made his first team debut in 2022 and has played 64 league games in total since then. Played a total of 30 games for us in 2024 with a nice average rating of 7.16. 9 U21 caps for Sweden so far.
Development: Nice development with notable improvements being +3s in Heading, Passing, Penalty Taking, Technique, Vision, Acceleration and Pace, +4s in Long Throws, Composure, Positioning and Agility, a +5 in First Touch and a +7 in Strength! He has grown 2 cms (181cm) and gained 10kgs (78kg).
BP Style Rating: 48.00 (up 11.00) (Skill 10.67|Perception 11.33|Movement 11.67 |Character 14.33)
Prediction: Has been with the club since age 16 and has progressed nicely over the years, earning a place in the first team squad first as a back-up option and now being quite an important player for us. He has also developed nicely, becoming a well-rounded central defender. Hopefully he will be with us for many years as I think he is a potential Swedish international!
- Francois Coulibaly – Ivory Coast – 21 yo – MR
From: Ivorian team Africa Sport (€100K) in 2022
Initial comment and prediction in 2022: A right winger with nice acceleration and decent technique. Also nice mentals with a Determination of 15. “Really needs to improve his technical attributes to become a long-term player for us”.
Result: Played well for our U19s/U21s, producing both goals and assists. Spent half a season on loan at Allsvenskan side Häcken and one season at Dutch Eredivisie club Cambuur, where he was pretty disappointing.
Development: Ok, but not more. +1s and +2s in most attributes and a single +3 in Passing. Underwent a personality change from Fairly Determined to Resolute.
BP Style Rating: 48.33 (Up 2.33) (Skill 11.67|Perception 11.67|Movement 11.00|Character 14.00)
Verdict: He is not even close to a first-team spot considering the fierce competition at the MR position. Therefore, he will be sold, preferably to a Swedish club.
- Aleksandar Dinevski – FYR Macedonia – 21yo – DL
From: Macedonian team Vardar (€550K) in 2022
Initial comment and prediction in 2022: A left back with nice speed and decent defensive attributes. Lacking in offence. “Physically strong and speedy, he needs to improve his technical and offensive abilities to become a first team player”.
Result: Been ok in three loan spells in the 2nd tier of Germany and the Belgian and Dutch top divisions. 19 caps and 2 goals for FYR Macedonia so far.
Development: Not great. A couple of +1s and +2s here and there.
BP Style Rating: 45.00 (Up 1.67) (Skill 10.33|Perception 11.33|Movement 12.33 |Character 11.00)
Verdict: He has not done enough to impress us and hasn’t developed into a player for our first team. Therefore, he will be sold, preferably to a Swedish club. Will probably have a decent career, considering that he is already an established Macedonian international.
- Martin Högberg – Sweden – 21yo – MR
From: Swedish Premier League side IFK Norrköping (€100K) in 2020
Initial comment and prediction in 2020: Nice attributes in the physical department and a great Determination. Seriously lacking in many other aspects though! “He will need to improve everything in order to become a first team player”
Result: Made his first team debut in 2023 because of an injury crisis at the MR position. Impressed greatly in his debut season with 8 goals and 13 assists in 22 games! Played slightly less in 2024 after the arrival of Tobias Jönsson but looked ok with an average rating of 7.21 in 14 appearances. 6 U21 caps for Sweden so far.
Development: Excellent! +3s and +4s in all the important attributes, +5s in Penalty Taking and Agility and a whopping +8 in Strength! Through tutoring he has seen a personality change from Fairly Determined to Resolute. Has put on 11kg (76kg) and has grown 1cm (181cm).
BP Style Rating: 46.33 (Up 11.33) (Skill 11.33|Perception 8.67|Movement 14.33 |Character 12.00)
Verdict: Our initial prediction at age 16 was that he needed to improve everything, which he certainly did! Still lacking a bit of Perception though, but perhaps he makes up for it with his excellent Movement!? Impressed in his debut season for us and is now a solid back-up at the MR position. Will remain in the first team squad, but I doubt that he’ll ever become our first choice.
- Jan Kroon – Sweden – 21yo – AMC
From: Swedish 2nd tier team Helsingborg (€50K) in 2020
Initial comment and prediction in 2020: Looking quite poor in most areas. A decent First Touch, nice Determination and a few decent Physical attributes are the only positives. “Far far away from first-team football. Will probably need all six years in the Academy program, but might not make it anyway”.
Result: Impressed for our U19s/U21s in the 2021 season which earned him loan spells at Swedish 2nd tier teams Helsingborg and Jönköping södra, where he continued to impress. 11 U21 caps for Sweden so far.
Development: Great development. +3s and +4s in all the important attributes, +5s in Anticipation and Composure and a +9 in Strength. Personality change from Fairly Sporting to Fairly Professional. Has increased 6 cm in height (175cm) and 15kg in weight (73kg).
BP Style Rating: 49.33 (Up 13.67) (Skill 13.00|Perception 12.67|Movement 11.33 |Character 12.33)
Verdict: He has certainly improved during his time at the Academy and has already impressed at the Swedish 2nd tier level. However, he is not good enough to earn a spot in central midfield for us. The competition is simply too fierce. Therefore, he will be sold, preferably to a Swedish club. I wish him all the best and I’m actually a bit sad to see him go. I’m certain he’ll have a long Allsvenskan career ahead of him and he might even become good enough for an adventure or two abroad.
What about Grass and Gear?
Grass and Gear, who came through the 2021 youth intake have been going in different directions. One of them got some chances for our first team but didn’t impress, while the other one spent the season away on loan! One of them will stay on for the next season, while the other one will go out on loan. However, they are both approaching an age where they’ll soon need to impress enough to convince me to let them stay for the long run.
- Carl Bergqvist aka Grass – Sweden – 19yo – STC
From: Youth intake 2021
Prediction 2023: “On the pitch he has really impressed scoring loads of goals and also bagging a lot of assists in 2023 despite his low Passing. He will stay in the U19 squad during the 2024 season, but it’s not totally out of the question with an occasional game off the bench for the first team! Long-term I still hope for him to become a regular in our first team”.
Result: Spent the 2024 season on loan at 2nd tier club Helsingborg, where he impressed with 5 goals and 3 assists in 10 games. 6 U21 caps for Sweden so far.
Development: Not much happening here. A handful of +1s and a single +2 in Passing.
BP Style Rating: 44.67 (Up 1.67) (Skill 10.33|Perception 11.00|Movement 12.33 |Character 11.00)
Prediction: Played well on loan, but I feel that he didn’t get enough matches, which is reflected in his lack of development. He is not good enough for our first team, but I’m not ready to give up on him yet. I will try to loan him out again and hope for 20+ games and a nice development next season.
- Hampus Erlandsson aka Gear – Sweden – 19yo – Gk
From: Youth intake 2021
Prediction 2023: “He will be our back-up goalie in the coming season with a focus on getting more game time. Hopefully he will be good enough to be our no 1 the season after”
Result: Played 10 games for the first team as a rotation option with an average rating of 7.19.
Development: Not the greatest development unfortunately. +1 increases in a handful of attributes and a +2 increase in Passing. Through tutoring we changed his Personality from Fairly Determined to Resolute.
Prediction: Stood quite still this season, which makes me uncertain whether he’s ready to become our no1 keeper. I do think he needs a lot of game time in order to develop, so if we bring in another keeper for the no1 spot, Gear will be loaned out for experience.
The graduation class saw Swedes Högberg and Wahlberg secure first team contracts, while a couple of others stumbled on the finish line. Hopefully they’ll be able to help other Swedish teams to improve, all along the lines of our new plans for the “National Development Plan” presented in the 2024 Season Summary.
We saw a nice influx of youngsters, both from our own intake but also from other clubs. Hopefully they will progress enough for us to take the next step in Europe in coming seasons!
Notable Academy players at other clubs
- Jonathan Antonsson – Wolves – Sold for €375K in 2017/18. Spent the first seasons on loan gaining experience. Since his return to Wolves in 2021 he has been getting more and more game time and at the age of 25 he has become an important part of the first team, with over 100 games in the Championship.
- Ludvig Johansson – Bordeaux – Sold for to Monaco for €1.4M in 2018/19. Struggled at Monaco, never really impressed enough to become a first team player. Went out on loan to Premier League side Crystal Palace, where he impressed enough to secure a permanent move to Ligue 1 team Bordeaux for €3.8M in 2024.
- Fredrik Hammar – Genclerbirligi – Sold to Stoke for €1.9M in 2018/19. Spent the entire time at Stoke out on loan. No games for the Stoke first team. Left for Turkish Super League side Genclerbirligi at the end of his contract in 2023, where he has started over 50 games so far!
- Lorenzo Venturini – Juventus – Sold for €5.5M in 2020. Played 14 games for the Juventus first team, before going out on loan to Serie B side Palermo followed by a two year loan at Mexican side (!) Santos Laguna, where he became a key player. Since returning to Juventus in 2024 he has played 8 games in the Serie A. 4 caps for Italy so far.
- Daniel Pettit – Everton – Sold for €2.2M in 2020. Played 3 Cup games for the first team in his debut season, but has been left in the reserves since then, totalling over 100 games for them in three seasons. Spent 2023 on loan at Danish club AaB before going out on loan for the 2024/25 season to Spanish second division side Racing Santander.
- Hervé Aka – Fenerbahce – Sold for €3.5M in 2021. He has played regularly from the start for the Fenerbahce first team, totalling 70 games since he left us, becoming an important player for them.
- Lewis Park – Genk – Sold for €5.75M in 2022, against my will! Became an important player for the Belgian side straight away, playing regularly from the start, totalling over 75 games for them so far. At age 21 he has played an impressive 27 games for the Australian national team. Currently valued at €20M, unhappy and wanting to leave Genk for a bigger club. Rumours indicate that Juventus might be interested. A move there would mean that he would become a team mate with Venturini!
- Hugo Zetterström – Crystal Palace – Sold for €2.5M in 2022. Hasn’t played a single game for Crystal Palace. Been out on loan to Malmö, Championship side Wolves, French Ligue 1 side Montpellier and Göteborg.
- Lado Archvadze – Malmö – Sold for €2M to Frankfurt in 2022. Played 14 games for a struggling Frankfurt side that was relegated from the Bundesliga. After relegation he was signed by Malmö for €6M, where he impressed with 18 goals and 8 assists in 2024.
- Ali Kemal Yazici – Wolfsburg – Sold for €4.1M in 2023, against my will! Has played regularly for Bundesliga side Wolfsburg since his awful departure, with over 40 games to his name. Like I’ve said before, f’ing hell, he’s gonna be great…
- Niclas Berglund – Watford – Sold for €3.1M in 2023. Played 3 games for a Watford side that got relegated from the Premier League 2023 and played an important part with 32 starts for the team that won promotion straight back to the Premier League. So far he has played 8 games in the 2024/25 season.
- Oscar Fredriksson – Borussia Mönchengladbach – Sold for €3M in 2023. Played 15 games in his first season and has played 8 games this season so far as a rotation player.
- Litha Hlophe – Borussia Mönchengladbach – Sold for €1.9M (minimum release clause) in 2023. Played 24 games in his debut season in the Bundesliga and has played 7 games so far this season.
- Morten Olsen – Newcastle – Sold for €9M in 2024. Has played 7 games for Premier League side Newcastle after his transfer, but has really struggled to adapt to the higher tempo, which is reflected by his poor 6.47 average rating.
- Yves Karamoko – Freiburg – Sold for €10M in 2024. Has played 11 games in the Bundesliga after his record move. Been decent with an average rating of 6.79.
The next episode
In the next episode we will look at how the team does in the 2025 season. Will we win our fourth consecutive title? Will we make any progress in the Champions League or will we be crushed once again? Will any of the Academy talents make their way into the first team? The only way to find out is by reading the next episode!
Thanks for the read, I hope you liked it as much as I did writing it!
- Twitter: @MikaelinhoFM
To make sure that you don’t miss any posts on this site and in this series, follow our blog to receive an email when we publish a post! Just add your email to the box as displayed either in the sidebar (pc or laptop) or below this post (mobile).